Aims and Values
Our aims and values direct our thinking and are at the heart of all our policies and practice.
The Aims and Values of the School
- We will provide each child with a broad and balanced curriculum, which meets their needs and the requirements of the National Curriculum and the Foundation Stage.
- We will ensure that all children have opportunities for success, and are supported so they can reach their full potential. We will differentiate tasks for all children to provide them with attainable goals.
- We will celebrate the success of all of our children in equal measure.
- We will provide an environment where everyone is equally valued and feels a sense of belonging.
- We will encourage our children to develop personal independence and an ability to respect the rights and views of others.
- We will work hard to develop and enhance our home/school relationships in order to form a positive partnership between the school and home for the mutual benefit of the children, their families and the school staff.
- We will develop and strengthen our community links and involve the local community in school life whenever possible.
- We will encourage the children to show respect and responsibility for the natural and manmade environment, both in and out of school.
- We will aim for the highest possible standards of work and behaviour from all in our school.
- We believe in future technologies and that children should have access to current technologies in order to learn about the world at large
- We will plan and use the school's resources realistically and efficiently to ensure value for money.
- We will ensure that we continue to measure our success and practices against national standards for the benefit of all those in our school.
Our school was opened in May 1973, and further re-modelled in 2003. It is of semi-open plan design and comprises six classroom areas, each with its own cloakroom and toilet facilities, a hall, a library, a computer suite and administrative accommodation.
There is a hard-surface playground with a covered ‘quiet’ area with seating, an adventure play trail, a fenced, softer-surfaced play area for Reception class children, in addition to a large school field.
Our website is currently being updated.
Our Library - plenty of space for children to look at books
Our IT Suite - computers hidden in the pop-up desks